Transforming Your Role as Controller to Business Partner
Tuesday, May 1, 2018 – Thursday, April 30, 2020
10CREDITSBusiness Management and Organization
Are you ready to take your role as controller to the next level while adding significant value to the organization? A successful controller will go beyond financial statements, internal controls and general accounting to create new value for the organization. This CPE course explores new additional roles that controllers are now accepting and outlines a roadmap you can use to expand your role as a controller from simply internal process/transaction oriented to having an externally focused understanding of industry and macro trends.
- Differentiate between the value of the traditional controller and the business oriented controller.
- Reconstruct the definition of controllership in your company by integrating controllership into the larger financial and organization leadership function.
- Distinguish your role within your organization.
- Apply a wide variety of financial and management skills to integrate the position of controller into the organization's overall financial process.
- Recognize how Servant Leadership increases the success of the controller.
- Leadership vs. management
- Business and strategic planning processes
- Lean management techniques and processes
- Recruiting, retaining and developing employees
- Project and change management
- Communications, listening and presentation skills
- Business strategy and the controller
- Application of best practices in the accounting department