Cybersecurity Series - Protecting Your PC & Mobile Devices
Friday, April 12, 2019
Most security experts will tell you it isn't a matter of "if" but a matter of "when" you will be attacked by a cyber thief. In order to reduce our risk of attack or at least the damage of the attack, we must learn how to protect our devices. This class will help you become more aware of security related risks to your PC, tablet, smartphone and portable data devices. You will learn specific strategies that will protect you and your organization from these various cyber threats. Our focus will be on protecting devices through strategies like encryption, location tracking, access control, backup, recovery, anti-malware and more. We will also discuss strategies to recover from attacks that render your device unusable.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
After completing this class, you will have the ability to ...
- Secure your PC and mobile devices to prevent attacks
- Use location tracking to find a lost or stolen device
- Recover from a cyber attack
- Maintaining Physical Security of Devices
- Protecting Data Through Encryption
- Identifying and Mitigating Malware
- Using Location Tracking to Maintain Control of Devices
- Back-Up and Recovery Strategies