Understand Unconscious Bias: Help Me in the Heart
Monday, January 14, 2019
The brain receives 11 million bits of information every minute. It can process 40 bits consciously. So 99.999996% of the information we receive is processed unconsciously. This results in programmed responses due to unconscious pattern recognition. Understand what triggers these biases, how to recognize them, and the impact they can have in a workplace in this immersive session. You will never think the same way again.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
- Understand the full scope of what unconscious bias entails, where it comes from, and the areas of business it impacts.
- Gain an enhanced understanding of unconscious bias in the following areas:
Definition of bias
Scope of bias
Domains of bias
Strength of bias
Sources of bias
Reasons for bias
Areas of bias
Impact of bias
Acknowledge the understanding and difference of bias and predispositions.
- You will get an introduction to bias.
- The definition of bias.
- We will cover the scope of bias.
- We will learn the strength and source of bias. We will discover the reasons for bias.
- What are the areas of bias.
- The impact of bias.