The Big Deal About Big Data
Thursday, April 25, 2019
There are many definitions of Big Data, but the key concept is moving beyond traditional financial data. Explore tools and data analytics techniques to discover new insights and to provide ways for CPAs to grow services.
The expanding use of Big Data and data analytics is providing companies with new insights about their respective organization, products, services, customers, and vendors. CPAs can start small and offer valuable client insights while scaling up to larger projects.
- Recognize how Big Data is different than financial data.
- Determine why Big Data analytics requires a different mindset.
- Identify the different types of data analytic tools.
- Identify why data visualization tools are growing in popularity.
- Big Data definitions, terminology and technology
- Using Big Data
- Data analytics and tools
- Big Data Challenges: collecting, analyzing and interpreting
- Big Data and data analytics opportunities