Excel Power User Module 5: Date and Text Functions
Friday, December 7, 2018
2CREDITSComputer Software and Applications
The Excel Power User series helps you improve your Excel proficiency and quickly complete tasks.
In this session, explore functions that operate on—and return—date values and text strings. You'll continue to integrate these features as we proceed throughout the series.
Note: This session is presented with Excel for Windows. Items covered may not be available in Excel for Mac.
- Identify Excel functions that can be used to return the last day of the month.
- Recall the arguments of the DATE function.
- Determine an Excel function that returns the year of the date.
- Determine the last day of the month with EOMONTH.
- Date parts: MONTH and YEAR.
- Build your own date with DATE.
- Concatenation basics.
- Improve SUMIFS with CONCATENATE.