The Best S Corporation, Limited Liability, and Partnership Update Course by Surgent (BCPE)
Friday, December 7, 2018
With the sweeping 2017 tax reform, it is more important than ever for practitioners to stay updated on the changes affecting pass-through entities used by their business clients and employers, and this enlightening course delivers that information. You will learn invaluable knowledge, strategies, techniques, innovative tax-planning concepts, income-generating ideas, and other planning opportunities available to S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and LLPs.
- Understand the major issues on which taxpayers and the IRS are in conflict
- Understand how tax reform affects planning for pass-throughs
- Impacts of recent legislation, including taxation of pass-through entities, new depreciation rules, modification of NOL rules, and much more
- Selected Practice and Reporting Issues: What’s new?
- A review of the key cases, rulings, and tax law changes affecting S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited liability partnerships
- Choice of entity issues: is the C corporation a viable choice? Will it become preferred?
- Basis issues: at-risk, passive activities for partnerships and LLCs
- Self-employment taxes: are there major changes affecting S corporation shareholders on the horizon?
- Debts between entity and the investors: open-account and written debt; defining bona fide debt for back-to-back loans
- Impact of the net investment income tax on the owners of pass-through entities
- Section 751(b) distributions
- Impact of new Section 199A on pass-through entities
- Review of the year’s most important business tax cases, revenue rulings, PLRs, etc.