1041 Preparation of Estates and Trusts
Monday, February 11, 2019
This program examines the critical issues, rules and special opportunities when preparing your clients Form 1041 U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts, with a focus on what is considered taxable income; filing requirements and deadlines; and the impact of the 3.8% Medicare surtax on net investment income. The 10 Principles of Tax Accounting for Trust Income will also be discussed.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event, with the instructor available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
Discuss planning and potential pitfalls.
- 2018 rates and brackets.
- Calculating a trust's AGI.
- The 10 Principles of Tax Accounting for Trust Income.
- Filing requirements, deadlines and penalties.
- 3.8% Medicare surtax on Net Investment Income (NII).
- Section 643(g) election.
- Taxable income of trusts, estate and beneficiaries.