Tax Ethics: Circular 230 Tip's for Today's Practitioner
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
This course will provide an update of the Circular 230 regulations, which applies to all CPAs, attorneys, enrolled agents and registered tax return preparers, and governs the preparation of tax returns and practice before the IRS. Violation of the standards can lead to fines, penalties and suspension of your PTIN. Anyone preforming tax services must understand the rules of the game!
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event, with the instructor available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
- Gain a better understanding of the key ethical issues facing tax practitioners.
- Gain a fast response to the latest developments.
- Scope of Circular 230.
- Elimination of limited practice privilege.
- Ongoing IRS efforts to regulate tax preparers.
- Advertising and solicitation limits.
- Incompetence and disreputable conduct.
- Sanctions and enforcement.
- Interaction with SSTS and Section 6694 preparer penalties.