Ethics: CPAs' Recent Illegal and Discreditable Acts
Monday, February 11, 2019
If the FBI learns from crooks, what can we learn from CPAs who went rogue and lost their licenses?
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
Attend this ethics presentation to understand:
- How any CPA can put your firm or company at risk
- Red flags of acts discreditable to the profession
- Requirements for independence, competence, confidentiality, and other requirements
Get the inside details on these ethics cases:
- CPA volunteer non-profit treasurer steals $60,000
- CPA indicted in murder-for-hire plot
- CPA arrested for falsifying insurance applications
- CPA sentenced for tax fraud
- Small town CPA's investment kickback scheme
- CPA threatened over shark `attack'
- Partners uncover Office PIC and CFE stealing
- CFO..`From Day One, I knew I'd just crossed a line.'
- CPA launders drug and gambling money
- CPA guilty of attempted murder...of ex-boss
- CPA steals from pro ball team and a client fighting cancer
- Sole practitioner CPA fund administrator convicted of $40 million Ponzi scheme
- Regulator steals confidential info to help CPA firm