Internet of Things for Accountants
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
The course provides a concise overview of the Internet of Things (IoT), a global ecosystem of advanced technologies that connect objects to the Internet, each other and people. Discover how new IoT apps and devices can be used by accountants to increase operational efficiency, develop post-transaction relationships and create new revenue streams. You'll walk away with a simple yet effective IoT game plan that will help you survive and thrive in a bold new "everyone and everything online" world where billions of new electronic devices, technology streams and live data feeds are transforming how operations -- especially accountants -- create value and drive innovation.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
- Highlight the leading opportunities and challenges of connecting 25-50 billion new sensors and objects to the Internet by 2020
- Explore how a new generation of "social machines" are gathering critical data about customers, employees, operations, workflows and equipment
- Examine how IoT can help accountants increase efficiency, optimize productivity, reduce costs, minimize waste and improve customer satisfaction
- What is the Internet of Things (IoT)?
- Leading IoT Case Studies
- IoT Economic Impacts
- How IoT Will Impact Accountants
- Structured vs. Unstructured Data: The New Accounting Frontier
- Leading IoT Challenges and Risks
- Emerging IoT Business Models for Accountants
- How to Monetize IoT
- IoT Starter Strategy for CPAs