Google Docs for Accountants
Wednesday, April 3, 2019
This course provides a concise overview of Google Docs, a cloud-based word processing application by Google. Similar to Microsoft Word, the tool allows users to create documents, add text, edit paragraphs, apply formatting, copy and paste content, incorporate headers and footers, embed a table of contents, insert images, integrate footnotes and much more. While Word is the default tool and industry standard for most accountants, Google Docs has most of Word's functionality and many underrated capabilities which are clearly superior to its Microsoft rival. These include online collaboration, team communications, mobility, version control, revision history, cloud storage, translation, Google integration, and scores of third-party add-ons. You'll walk away knowing how to use a whole new array of word processing features not found in Word that can boost your writing powers and accelerate your communications workflow.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
- Explore the key capabilities and user interface of Google Docs
- Create, edit and format text and reports using Google Docs
- Highlight word processing features unique to Google Docs which are not available in Microsoft Word
- Docs apps for web, mobile and offline
- Microsoft Word compatibility
- Create, edit, and format
- Insert items
- Page settings and printing
- Publishing documents
- Troubleshooting problems