Excel Power Pivot - Take PivotTables to the Next Level
Monday, March 18, 2019
This course focuses on using Excel Power Pivot features to enhance data analysis. One of the strengths of Power Pivot is the formula language DAX (Data Analysis eXpressions). We will spend considerable time using the power of DAX to create meaningful calculations that add new dimensions to our data.
We will also review the use of a date or calendar table that allows us to perform date analysis that was never possible before. This will allow us to use the new time-intelligent functions to perform complex calculations on our data such as: month-to-date, quarter-to-date, year-to-date, last year same period, last year-to-date, etc. We will also demonstrate the hottest tips and tricks that will take your data analysis to the next level.
Although our focus will be on using Power Pivot, we will review some of the other Power BI Tools including: Power Query (Get & Transform), Power BI Desktop and Power BI Services (PowerBI.com).
Note: If you want to apply the concepts presented, you will need Excel 2013 or 2016 and the Power Pivot add-in pre-installed.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
Upon completing this course, you will .
- Understand the various Power BI tools available in Excel
- Know how to use Power Pivot to take your data analysis to the next level
- Create measures that you we unable to do in regular PivotTables
- Analyze date-based data in many new ways
- Build interactive visuals to present your data analysis
The key topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Introduction to Excel Power BI Tools
- Loading data into Power Pivot using data modeling
- Creating "measures" using DAX functions and formulas
- Using a date table to create time-intelligent measures
- Building visuals using Power BI Desktop and Power BI Services