Performing a Review Engagement Part I
Monday, May 1, 2017 – Monday, April 30, 2018
This innovative CPE course has been designed to provide a convenient, accessible way for firms to train their staff in this area of practice. With the introduction of SSARS No. 21, Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services: Clarification and Recodification, this area of practice will be experiencing a level of change not seen in over 30 years. This CPE course provides fundamental training on the performance standards associated with review engagements. This enhanced learning program combines real-world examples, practice exercises, case studies, and a "learning coach", to create a flexible, engaging learning experience.
- Identify the performance standards for a review engagement.
- Recognize the minimum documentation requirements for a review engagement.
- Recall the forms and checklists typically used in a review engagement.
- Compare the change in level of service from an audit to a review.
- Accepting or continuing a client relationship
- Establishing an understanding with the client
- Obtaining knowledge of the industry and client's business
- Obtaining sufficient appropriate review evidence
- Different sources of review evidence
- Reading the financial statements to ensure that they are correct in form and free from obvious error
- Communicating information with management or those charged with governance
- Documenting the review engagement using a work program, bridging documents, forms, and checklists
- Changes in the level of service from audit to review