Statement of Activities
Monday, May 1, 2017 – Monday, April 30, 2018
There are numerous ways in which an NFP's statement of activities differs from the income statement of a for-profit business. For example, to properly present revenues and gains, one will need to understand how donor-imposed stipulations affect classification. This CPE course offers you detail-rich interpretations and case studies that will help you learn to prepare an NFP's statement of activities.
- Determine how to prepare, in accordance with GAAP, a statement of activities.
- Identify the most appropriate financial statement format, considering the complexity of the entity.
- Determine the effect of a particular transaction or significant event on the entity's statement activities.
- Identify the effect of donor-imposed restrictions on the reporting of revenues in the statement of activities.
- Comparative information
- Contributions and Donor-imposed restrictions
- Distinguishing revenues from gains
- Expense reporting by function
- Net asset classification
- Presentation options
- Industry best practices