Not-for-Profit Financial Reporting Track
Monday, May 1, 2017 – Monday, April 30, 2018
11CREDITSAccounting, Auditing (Governmental)
You will learn techniques to successfully prepare an NFP's financial statements, assess relationships with other not-for-profit and for-profit organizations to determine if consolidation is required, and how to interpret and analyze a set of NFP financial statements. This CPE program contains e-learning exercises, targeted case studies, and detail-rich interpretations to create a flexible, dynamic learning experience you can complete online in your own time.
- Identify how to prepare a complete set of financial statements, including footnote disclosures.
- Identify how the financial statements interrelate.
- Analyze a fact pattern to determine the effect of a particular transaction or significant event on the NFP's financial statements.
- Assess the financial health of an NFP using ratio analysis and other methods.
- Recognize potential red flags in an NFP's financial statements.
- Financial statement preparation
- Statements of financial position
- Statements of activities
- Statements of cash flows
- Statements of functional expenses
- Consolidated financial statements
- Direct versus indirect cash flow statements
- Analysis of financial statements
- Presentation options available to NFPs
- Common errors
- Financial reporting trends and techniques