Not-for-Profit Tax Compliance Track
Monday, May 1, 2017 – Monday, April 30, 2018
Learn from the experts with this video-based, on-demand e-learning experience. Set yourself apart and get the tools and strategies you need to sharpen your skills in not-for-profit (NFP) tax compliance. The program builds on the core concepts as you get insights from industry leaders.
- Identify the process to prepare the Form 990 core form and accompanying schedules.
- Determine the effect of a particular transaction or significant event for Form 990 reporting.
- Distinguish between organizational and operational requirements to maintain federal tax-exempt status.
- Determine when an organization could be subject to unrelated business income taxes (UBIT) and differentiate between the more common exceptions and exclusions that apply.
- IRS filing requirements, including Forms 990 and 990-T
- Reporting thresholds
- Reasonable cause abatement
- Unrelated business income (UBIT), exceptions and exclusions
- IRS audit activity
- Public support test
- Establishing and protecting tax exemption
- Excess benefit transactions
- Common red flags