Not-for-Profit Tax Compliance Track
Monday, May 1, 2017 – Monday, April 30, 2018
The 8-hour CPE-eligible Tax Compliance bundle provides an overview of tax and compliance requirements that apply to tax-exempt, not-for-profit entities. This 5-course set covers topics such as activities that can jeopardize tax-exempt status, the public support test requirement, reconciling Form 990 to financial statements and much more.
- Differentiate between and recognize the basic compliance requirements of various types of tax-exempt organizations and recall the activities that a tax-exempt organizations should limit to protect its tax-exempt status
- Identify the various federal and state filing requirements, including the IRS Form 990 series of returns, state sales tax exemptions and charitable registrations
- Recall the structure and core components of Form 990 and related schedules and identify common adjustments needed to reconcile Form 990 to financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP
- Recall when a tax-exempt organization may be subject to unrelated business income taxes (UBIT) and indentify the applicable filing requirements
- Recognize the unique compliance requirements and restrictions related to private foundations