Introduction to Review Engagements - Preparation, Compilation, and Review Staff Essentials
Monday, May 1, 2017 – Monday, April 30, 2018
This innovative CPE course has been designed to provide a convenient, accessible way for firms to train their staff in this area of practice. With the introduction of SSARS No. 21, Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services: Clarification and Recodification, this area of practice will be experiencing a level of change not seen in over 30 years. This CPE course provides fundamental training on the general principles and objective of a review engagement. This enhanced learning program combines real-world examples, practice exercises, case studies, and a "learning coach", to create a flexible, engaging learning experience.
- Identify the general principles and objective of review engagements.
- Recall the independence requirements associated with review engagements.
- Recognize the standards from the AICPA's Code of Professional Conduct (the code) that apply to reviews of financial statements of nonissuers.
- The objective of a review engagement
- How a review engagement compares to other financial statement services
- The elements of a review engagement
- Hierarchy of review standards and guidance