Identify Unconscious Bias: Look Me in the Brain
Saturday, December 9, 2017
There are 150 types of identified unconscious biases. But our crack researchers have figured out that they all fall into 6 categories: Attention, Retention, Causation, Cognition, Perception, Projection. Think you don't have any of them? Come take the quick tests that you will receive in this session, and you will be surprised. Identifying the unconscious biases you have is the first step to addressing them.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
- Identify personal biases which might be a barrier to true inclusiveness.
- Gain the ability to identify the following types of unconscious bias in themselves:
Pattern recognition bias
Value attribution bias
Learn to recognize unconscious bias and employable skills to mitigate it.
- You will discover different types of bias.
- Obtain examples of these different biases.
- We will cover what unconscious bias looks like in recruiting. Conduct an unconscious bias assessment.You will receive a resource list for future reference.