Interview with Ex Big-4 Partner Scott London on his Ethics Violations and Prison Experience
Thursday, December 7, 2017
Scott London was a regional audit partner at a big-4 firm with 500 people reporting to him. Gary Zeune will interview London about how and why he slid down the slippery slope and violated his duty to himself, his firm, clients, the profession, and, most importantly, his family.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
NOTE FOR OHIO CPAS: The Accountancy Board of Ohio has approved this course for 2 hours of credit towards the required professional standards to renew your CPA license. It does NOT qualify for new licenses. Gary Zeune is an approved ethics instructor at www.acc.ohio.gov/CPE/PSR.aspx
- His background and career track with KPMG
- His scheme and how it started
- How he got caught
- Did he think about his ethics training when passing along insider information?
- Did he think he would get caught?
- How did he rationalize what he did?
- Did he ever think about the impact to KPMG and others, like his family? What can CPAs learn from his violations?
- What are the high risk areas for ethics violations?
- Was job burnout a factor?
- How could the firm have prevented his scheme?
- Why was he put in solitary confinement in prison?