Video Interview with Ex-CPA Ex-CFO Criminal Sam Antar
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
In this interview, Sam Antar will explain how he committed one of the most infamous frauds of the 1980's, the Crazy Eddie scam fraud. He will explain how those engaged in fraud prey on the psychological and cognitive vulnerabilities of gatekeepers such as attorneys and accountants, as well as their victims. He will discuss why the current framework involving compliance, audits, and law enforcement do little to protect investors from fraud. Finally, Antar will offer tips and techniques on spotting criminal behavior and accounting fraud using both the Crazy Eddie fraud and current cases as examples.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
- Psychological and cognitive vulnerabilities of auditors that made Crazy Eddie fraud successful
- Crime and punishment - Ethical considerations behind plea bargaining
- Red flags missed by auditors and investors
- Audit and law enforcement weaknesses
- How to find accounting irregularities in plain sight