Defective Compensation Systems: When Bonuses and Incentives Go Bad
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Learn how compensation systems result in behavior that puts CPAs at risk.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
Using real cases, learn how several typical compensation systems cause employees and management to behave in a manner that has an adverse effect on the entity's best interest, resulting in control, financial reporting and auditing risks.
- Government risk - Policing for profit
- Industry risk - Trucking companies
- Company risk - Domino's
- Regulatory risk - First Energy Davis-Bessie Power Plant
- Healthcare - Discharging patients to maximize profits
- Nonprofits - Rewards based on outputs vs. inputs
- Schools - Perverse incentives compel teachers to cheat
- BONUS - Maximize profits - How to transform goal incongruence into goal congruence