Succession Planning for CPA Firms: When, How and With Whom?
Thursday, December 7, 2017
This CPE session will speak to the topic that is (or should be) on the minds of many owners and/or partners of tax and accounting firms. Succession will happen - you cannot stop it - but it would be most beneficial if it can happen on your terms. We will review many considerations that are critically important when thinking of succession planning: culture, opportunity, value, staff, clients and, last but not least, you and your legacy. This session will speak to the "do's and don'ts" and the "why's and won'ts" of succession planning.
Many questions will be addressed during this session which include but are not limited to:
- What are the key succession planning strategies?
- When should I start and why does my book of business determine this?
- What is the perfect fit with respect to a successor firm?
- How do I get a premium for my practice?
- What is the impact of current industry demographics on the value of my practice?
- What are the 5 major variables for determining practice value and how do they impact me?
- Why your CPA friend should not necessarily be your successor
- What are the Rules, Roles, Responsibilities and expected Realization of a good succession plan?
- What due diligence should I perform if I am selling or transitioning my practice?
- Answers to the questions-When, How and With Whom?