Year-End Tax Planning: Thinking Outside the Box
Wednesday, December 27, 2017
Tax Planning is more than an estimated tax calculation, it's a process. Where are we now and what can we change? This webinar will highlight significant 2015-16 tax changes and discuss key tax planning ideas for your clients as they prepare for the upcoming tax season.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
- Define the "hot issues" facing tax practitioners in planning for client returns.
- Apply key concepts to special client situations.
- Review recent legislation and developments.
- Recent tax changes to consider, including the employer mandate of Affordable Care.
- Medicare tax on high income wages and SE income.
- 3.8% net investment income tax.
- Tax provisions and 2016 extensions.
- Timing income and deductions.
- Alternative minimum tax issues.
- Reconsidering choice of entity.