Travel and Entertainment Expenses: Review and Update
Saturday, December 9, 2017
This program reviews the statutory and regulatory guidance as they relate to travel, entertainment and business transportation expenses, with a focus on planning opportunities. Recent federal tax legislation, cases and rulings will also be addressed.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
To provide the "big picture" of qualified deductible expenses.
To provide guidance on what to do and when to do it.
- Definition of what qualifies as a travel expense.
- Definition of what qualifies as an entertainment expense.
- Strategies to deduct business transportation expenses.
- Deductibility of meals.
- Situations not subject to the 50% meals and entertainment reduction.
- How to handle automobile issues related to commuting vs. business transportation.
- Proper accounting for deductible vs. non-deductible expenditures.
- The four steps to analyze business expenses.
- The latest federal legislation, cases and rulings.