Partnership Investments - How to Calculate the Owner's Basis
Monday, December 11, 2017
A detailed analysis of the calculations related to determining a partner's tax basis for a partnership interest using the Form 1065, Schedule K-1 information. An illustrated example with filled in forms will demonstrate how the process works and its many potential pitfalls.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
- Discusses the calculation of basis when the entity is formed, including the impact of contributed property.
- Explains the use of both "inside" and "outside" basis determination.
- Clarifies the importance of partnership capital accounts and partnerships debt on partner's tax basis.
- Uses a comprehensive example to illustrate the mechanics of the basis determination process.
- Discusses how basis is impacted by distributions of partnership property.
- Explains how basis is impacted by sale and/or liquidation of the partnership interest.