The Big Deal About Big Data
Friday, December 15, 2017
The expanding use of Big Data and data analytics is providing organizations with new insights about their organizations, products, services, customers and vendors. There are many definitions of Big Data but the key concept is moving beyond traditional financial data. In addition to building on these definitions, explore tools and data analytics techniques to discover new insights and to provide ways for CPAs to expand their services. Start small and provide valuable client insights while scaling up to larger projects.
- Recognize how Big Data is different than financial data.
- Determine why Big Data analytics requires a different mindset.
- Identify the different types of data analytic tools.
- Identify why data visualization tools are growing in popularity.
- Big Data definitions, terminology and technology
- Using Big Data
- Data analytics and tools
- Big Data Challenges: Collecting, analyzing and interpreting
- Big Data and data analytics opportunities