Ethical Considerations in Today's Business Environment
Monday, December 18, 2017
In today's business environment, it has become progressively more difficult to identify ethical challenges, let alone know how to respond to them. Develop a definition of ethical behavior appropriate for your beliefs and influenced by your roles. Address the apparent conflict between profitability, the moral obligation of an entity to fulfill its mission and the relationship between an entity and its employees and the community. Also, learn how an ethical environment can be created within an organization, and the responsibility of leaders for doing so. Common rationalizations for unethical behavior will be explored to help you avoid traps that may result in sub-optimal decisions.
- Define ethical behavior and how our roles influence our definition.
- Recall the role of the leader in establishing an appropriate tone at the top.
- Recognize the social responsibility of business and how it is often more profitable to meet that responsibility than to avoid it.
- Identify heroes and villains so appropriate role models can be chosen.
- Ethical strategy and leadership.
- Corporate social responsibility.
- Shaping your moral character.