Update on PCC's Activities and the Simplification Initiative
Monday, December 11, 2017
Stay current on Private Company Council (PCC) activities and its work as well as FASB's Simplification Initiative. The PCC is the primary, nonpublic board advising the FASB on private company matters to consider in deliberating their technical agenda.
Note: This course will not cover the AICPA's Financial Reporting Framework for Small- and Medium-Sized Entities.
Formerly titled: PCC Activities, Including Framework, ASU Updates, Simplification Initiative
- Recognize the role and workplan agenda of the Private Company Council.
- Examine the Private Company Decision-Making Framework.
- Discover the ASUs issued as a consensus of the PCC.
- Discover the ASUs issued as part of the FASB's Simplification Initiative to reduce complexity in accounting standards.
- Identify current ASUs and exposure drafts outstanding as part of either PCC or the Simplification Initiative.
- Private Company Decision-Making Framework
- Accounting Standards Updates that are a result of either PCC's input or FASB's Simplification Initiative