Mergers and Acquisitions: Fundamentals of Acquiring or Selling Mid-Market Companies and Professional Service Organizations
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Mergers and acquisitions are moving at an ever-increasing pace, especially in the mid-market arena and professional service organizations such as accounting, law, engineering and architectural firms. This how-to course is essential for CPAs and other professionals who work with companies that will be bought, sold or merged. Gain a fundamental understanding of the M&A process—from a buyer's and a seller's perspective. Also, discuss valuing an entity, performing due diligence, getting a business ready to be sold and structuring a deal from an economic and tax perspective to maximize the benefit to both the buyer and the seller.
- Identify the fundamentals of valuing operating companies and personal service businesses.
- Recognize the marketplace for buyers and sellers of businesses.
- Determine how to structure deals from both a buyer's and seller's perspective.
- Recall how to perform effective due diligence.
- Determine how to effectively manage the engagement.
- Define mid-market company and why it is for sale.
- Business entity worth
- Strategic planning for selling/merging
- Role and selection of intermediaries
- Selling memorandums
- Due diligence process
- Deal structure from an economic and tax perspective
- Well-defined engagement letters