Budgeting and Forecasting Tools and Techniques
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
8CREDITSComputer Software and Applications
Learn how to achieve a greater return on your budgeting and forecasting activities by taking advantage of various tools and techniques. In addition to learning about how to utilize Excel more effectively, learn about Budget Maestro, PROPHIX and Host Analytics, and how reducing your dependency on Excel can lead to better results. Additionally, learn how to account for risk and uncertainty in your budgeting and forecasting models.
- Identify processes for obtaining budget data, collaborating with others, and controlling and validating data input.
- Identify Excel techniques for interacting with the accounting system and situations, such as sensitivity analysis, risk analysis and Monte Carlo simulations, when Excel can be appropriately implemented.
- Determine various Excel functions, including NPV, IRR, XNPV and XIRR, in capital budgeting situations.
- Recognize differences between Excel and other applications used for budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Using Excel more effectively as a budgeting and forecasting tool.
- Identifying shortcomings of Excel-based budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Implementing and working with dedicated budgeting and forecasting software applications to achieve better results in less time.
- Managing risk and uncertainty in budgets and forecasts.