Professional Conduct & Ethics: Dealing with Ethical Crises
Thursday, December 7, 2017
Meet the four-hour ethics education requirement and absorb a wealth of information in the process. CPAs are commonly placed in positions to make difficult decisions. This year's course infuses new case studies highlighting issues that involve handling ethical crises. From audit to tax or from staff to partner, dive deep into high profile conflicts such as Wells Fargo (financial services), Turing (pharmaceuticals), off-field activities (sports) and other conflicts that never make headlines. What would you do if you worked for such a company? What would you do if faced with a compromising position? Acquire the tools to help you choose between alternative solutions.
- Identify ethical situations in both your professional and personal lives.
- Determine your ability to specifically recognize potential violations of the profession's rules and regulations.
- Select the best alternative for communicating your decision.
- Identify and deal with ethical dilemmas.
- Discover tools to help you in ethical decision making.
- Cover highlights from the revised AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Discuss delicate issues.
- Explore real-life case studies (including Wells Fargo and Turing Pharmaceuticals).