Everyday Ethics: Doing Well by Doing Good Ethics
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
This program is designed to fulfill the California Board of Accountancy's four-hour ethics education requirement. Learn various codes of professional conduct and standards of ethical conduct, recent cases involving professional responsibility for the accounting profession, ethical frameworks and more.
- Recognize the CPA's professional and ethical obligations and responsibilities.
- Outline what moral philosophers thought about enterprise and ethics.
- Identify the requirements of the profession.
- Identify the reasons people cheat.
- Recall the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, Institute of Management Accountants Standards of Ethical Conduct and T.D. Circular 230.
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, Institute of Management Accountants Standards of Ethical Conduct and T.D. Circular 230
- Implications of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Recent, relevant cases on accounting profession ethics and professional responsibility
- Areas the partner should pay particular attention to
- What it means to be a profession and a professional
- Ethical frameworks