Excel Tips and Techniques for Increased Productivity and Improved Financial Modeling: Intermediate
Monday, December 11, 2017
8CREDITSComputer Software and Applications
This course delivers an assortment of tips, techniques, features, commands and functions that will improve your productivity and financial modeling skills. Focus on implementation mechanics, practical applications of key concepts and view a demonstration model. Also, receive an introduction to macros using the macro recorder.
Among other items, learn how to add/remove 'buttons' from the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar); create dynamically linked pictures using the Camera feature; construct 'Smart Text' using Concatenation; create named ranges using the Name Box; and find and eliminate links.
Note: Course format is lecture style. Laptops are not required, but are encouraged. A CD with selected demonstrations is provided.
- Identify three problems caused by merging cells.
- Determine if a cell has Text or Values, and why it's important.
- Identify three advantages of named ranges using the Name Box.
- Recognize the 10 steps to follow when creating a model.
- Identify a potential fraud situation using the Histogram tool.
- Recall how to create a macro using the macro recorder.
- Ribbons and Quick Access toolbar
- New Excel capabilities
- Key features: Camera, Grouping, Filtering, Goal Seek, Sorting, Subtotaling, Data Validation, Conditional Formatting and Protection Techniques
- Macros and the macro recorder
- Pivot tables: Proper setup for best results
- Financial modeling architecture best practices
- Fraud investigation tips using Excel, including Benford's Law