Circular 230 Tips for Today's Tax Practitioner
Thursday, December 7, 2017
This course will provide an update of the Circular 230 regulations, which applies to all CPAs, attorneys, enrolled agents and registered tax return preparers and governs the preparation of tax returns and practice before the IRS. Violation of the standards can lead to fines, penalties and suspension of your PTIN. Anyone performing tax services must understand the rules of the game!
**Please Note: If you need credit reported to the IRS for this IRS approved program, please download the IRS CE request form on the Course Materials Tab and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Determine the "hot" ethical issues facing tax practitioners
* Gain a fast response to latest developments
* Scope of Circular 230
* Elimination of Limited Practice privilege
* Ongoing IRS efforts to regulate tax preparers
* Advertising and solicitation limits
* Incompetence and disreputable conduct
* Sanctions and enforcement
* Interaction with SSTS and Section 6694 Preparer Penalties