Preparing Form 706 - Line-by-Line
Friday, December 8, 2017
Tax compliance issues at death are sometimes confusing to practitioners because many lack experience in this area. This course provides you with a practical understanding of the issues involved in preparing the federal estate tax return, Form 706; the federal gift tax return, Form 709; and the decedent’s final federal income tax return, Form 1040.
**Please Note: If you need credit reported to the IRS for this IRS approved program, please download the IRS CE request form on the Course Materials Tab and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Identify the six major components of Form 706
* Identify compliance issues
* Recognize the importance of the information items and questions on Form 706
* Understand proper asset valuation compliance
* Understand proper deduction compliance
* Understand tax calculation
* How to prepare a federal estate tax return (Form 706)
* How to comply with “Portability”
* Issues involved in the preparation of the decedent’s final federal income tax return
* Various postmortem estate planning issues involved in the preparation of the
above-mentioned tax return
* Complete understanding of estate and gift taxation