ACPEN Signature: 2017 Accounting and Auditing Update
Wednesday, December 27, 2017
8CREDITSAccounting, Auditing, Ethics
The 2017 Accounting and Auditing Update is designed to provide its participants with a comprehensive, in-depth review of what’s happening at the FASB, AICPA, and other professional bodies who may impact accounting and auditing this year, including FASB Statements and Interpretations, Statements on Auditing Standards, Auditing Interpretations, Audit Guides, Statements of Position, exposure drafts and projects in progress, with emphasis on the practical application and impact on practitioners in small to medium sized firms and members in industry.
*Review the latest developments at the FASB, AICPA, and other professional bodies impacting accounting and auditing
• Update of FASB Statements and Interpretations and review of the activities of the Private Company Council.
• Review of the latest Statements on Auditing Standards
• Explanation of SSAE 18; Attestation Standards—Clarification and Recodification.
• SAARS Updates
• Review of the Requirements to take steps to avoid Business Fraud through the use of internal controls and the Risk Assessment process overview.
• Professional Ethics Executive Committee Update