Cloud Systems - Is My Data Safe and Secure?
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
`Is it secure?' that is the top question that CPAs ask about cloud-based software applications. There is no simple answer, rather you need to invest in conducting due diligence on the particular product to make sure you are satisfied with the integrity of the service provider and the security of your data. This course will focus on the key steps that you should take when performing the appropriate due diligence review of a particular cloud application. The topics that will be covered in this course include: What data security measures to look for in a cloud application Understanding the data backup and recovery policies and procedures Evaluating the internal controls in place with SOC (Statement of Controls) reports Understanding the role of data encryption Understanding the service provider's Terms & Conditions
- Evaluate the security controls of a cloud application provider
- Understand key cloud security concepts
- Separate from a cloud services provider
- Analyze SOC (Statement of Controls) reports in compliance with SSAE 16
- Understand the nature of the Service Level Agreement (SLA)