Dizzy New World of Cyber Investigations: Law, Ethics and Evidence
Saturday, December 9, 2017
Increasingly, employers and enterprises are engaged in cyber investigations. The explosion of cyber evidence (email, text, metadata, social media, big data, etc.) about every little thing that anyone does or says creates a massive need for HR departments, IT departments, internal audit departments and other investigators to find and sift through this evidence. These cyber investigations are guided, motivated and restricted by a blizzard of new laws and court cases. Increasingly enterprises need professionals with backgrounds in cyber forensics, cyber law and computer privacy.
This webcast will offer ideas on managing legal and ethical risk including the risk that your enterprise would be the unwelcome target of a cyber investigation by an adversary such as a tax authority!
* How to conduct investigations seeking computer evidence
* How to avoid allegations that your investigation was illegal
* Recognize how online media are imposing more accountability on professionals and their clients
* Gathering online audit evidence
* Responding to risk that your legal adversaries will gather evidence about you online
* Methods for managing risk associated with computer evidence