Careers @ Sparano, Vincelette & Joiner, CPAs
Posted on: September 9, 2021
Sparano, Vincelette & Joiner, CPAs is a full-service, local public accounting firm providing individuals, businesses, and non-profit organizations with a broad range of tax, accounting, and advisory services.
Our firm currently has an outstanding opportunity for a staff or senior accountant. We are looking for an individual who is energetic, self-motivated, and achievement-oriented to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate or possess up to 3 years of experience in public accounting.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Preparing tax returns for businesses, individuals, estates/trusts, and nonprofit organizations.
• Performing fieldwork and documenting results in connection with all phases of audits, reviews, and compilations of the financial statements for privately-held businesses and nonprofit organizations.
• Working individually and as a team member on various engagements.
• Keeping yourself organized and informing your supervisors/team members of your job progress.
• Building working relationships at a peer and client level.
• Expanding technical knowledge and skills through on-the-job training and formal learning channels.
• Learning and mastering the wide variety of computer applications utilized by our firm.
Candidates must possess the following:
• BS or MS degree in Accounting.
• Passed or making progress towards passing the CPA exam.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Exhibit high levels of social and professional ethics.
• Working knowledge of Thomson Reuters CS Software and Checkpoint a plus.
• Working knowledge of Quickbooks a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
• Competitive salary.
• Bonus program.
• Health and dental insurance.
• 37.5 hour work week outside of tax season.
• Group term life insurance.
• 401(k) plan with a 3% safe harbor match and employer paid profit sharing plan
• Cafeteria plan including medical reimbursement and dependent care reimbursement.
• Paid time off: vacation, holiday, comp, and sick time.
• Bonus for passing the CPA exam.
• Professional education, dues, and licenses paid.
Our firm is committed to providing a work environment that fosters your professional growth and personal success. We also understand the importance of work-life balance. Our office environment is professional, yet relaxed; offering a casual dress code. We utilize a tremendous amount of technology and provide opportunities not found in larger firms.
How to Apply
Resumes can be sent to the attention of Evelyn Joiner.