Careers @ Wilmington Trust
Senior Tax Specialist
Posted on: May 14, 2019
Work closely as part of the Wealth sales team (Private Client Advisors, Private Banking and Fiduciary) to identify new business prospects and expand current relationships. Participate in developing new solutions to meet individualized client needs, identified through a needs analysis. Meet with internal partners, pre and post-call planning. Serve as expert resource to partners in the sales process.
Provide support to management and act as liaison to staff.
• Organize/assign applicable projects per management;
• Supervise work of staff as well as provide them with mentoring and feedback;
• Help with development and training of staff
Support Tax Compliance Services
• Prepare and review complex individual and trust tax returns
• Prepare and review gift tax returns
• Prepare and review tax returns for private foundations
• Prepare and or review corporate/partnership tax returns
• Prepare tax projections/estimates
• Identify and research technical tax issues
Support Accounting and Financial Management Services
• Prepare and review financial reports for individual clients
• Develop and monitor cash flow projections
• Monitor all disbursements including payment of invoices, capital calls, distributions, investments, tax payments and other activities
Support Entity Management Services for LLC’s C. Corps, S. Corps, and Partnerships:
• Analyze and review all contractual agreements, tax returns, financial reports, cash flows and other pertinent information to clearly understand the business purpose
• Develop, manage and maintain data repository system
• Prepare for board meetings
• Communicate with clients on a regular basis
• Analyze financial results and prepare reports for presentation to board and/or managers
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 11 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
Education and Experience Preferred:
• Master’s Degree
• Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in the use of personal computers and software applications such as Microsoft Office as well as PC based tax preparation (Prosystem fx) and research software (CCH/RIA/BNA).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Well organized, detail oriented, flexible, good team player, ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
• Possess strategic-thinking skills.
At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
How to Apply
Please apply to www.mtb.com/careers
Requisition ID: R05262